Sat, Oct 08|
IncuBaker Cafe & Studio
French Choux Pastry / Rustic Bread-Making Weekend Workshop with Chef Harry
Always wondered how those yummy eclairs, cream puffs profiteroles and fluffy breads are made? Come join us for a french choux pastry or rustic bread-making weekend workshop by Chef Harry. Sign up for both and get 10% off!
Time & Location
Oct 08, 2022, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
IncuBaker Cafe & Studio, Singapore 138562
About the Event
What you'll learn in the Choux Pastry-Making Weekend Workshop:
Light, airy and crisp, Choux Pastry is actually part dough and part batter. Though delicate, it is easy to make and does not require an electric cake beater. You will learn to make a range of Choux Pastry:
- Eclairs Oblong shaped pastry with pipe-in delicious flavoured cream
- Profiteroles Mini round shaped pastry with pipe-in delicious cream of choice
- Paris-Brest Classic dessert using the Choux pastry and made to commemorate a bicycle event where the route runs from Paris to Brest.
- Cream Puff Craquelin topping Sweet, crunchy cookie crust on top of a cream puff that gives a nice textured bite
You’ll also make the different delicious cream fillings for all the above!
What you'll learn in the Rustic Bread-Making Weekend Workshop:
- Baguette A long, thin type of bread with a crisp crust. A favourite bread with its chewy texture and goes well with our local curry dish, stew or just with salted butter!
- Focaccia The cousin of pizza. Those who love pizza with a fluffier crust will love this bread. You can make an entire range of savoury spread with herbs and different toppings. The easiest to make among all the other breads.
- Ciabatta 'Slipper’ bread as they call it in Italy. This bread with its big holes, has a chewy texture and is popular as open-faced sandwiches with cheese, salads and chicken, tuna or beef.
Enjoy your self-made breads with coffee/tea, butter, jam, cheese and sauces!